Working with Murphy Law Group, LLC Philadelphia Employment Lawyers
At Murphy Law Group we treat each case like it’s our only case. Our team of experienced employment lawyers understand that your work-related issue is a problem that extends into every aspect of your life – impacting your ability to care for your family, get proper medical treatment, grow your career, or feel safe at your workplace.
When you work with our legal team, you can count on full transparency. We offer a free initial assessment and provide an honest evaluation of your legal claims including your likelihood of success, the potential costs associated with your legal claim, and your available legal options.
Murphy Law Group Founder Michael Murphy has dedicated his entire legal career to the practice of employment law. He, and every legal professional at our firm, strive to provide quality, client-driven representation in all legal matters. We believe honesty, hard-work, and determination are paramount to providing successful representation for all clients.
Employment Lawyers Who Stand Against Unlawful and Unjust Employee Treatment
Employee rights are violated more often than you may think. In 2019, U.S. employees filed more than 72,000 charges against their employers. Pennsylvania alone accounted for more than 4,200 of those cases. These charges are a reflection of unlawful employer behavior – we work with you, the employee, to hold them accountable.
Focused Exclusively on Employment Law
We’ve represented thousands of employees throughout Pennsylvania, including residents of Philadelphia, Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Carbon, Dauphin, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Schuylkill, Susquehanna, Wyoming, York, Allegheny, Clearfield, Greene, Jefferson, and Washington Counties, as well as residents of Northern, Central, and Southern New Jersey in the following practice areas:
- Americans with Disabilities Act Claims: Our firm has represented employees in claims brought under the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) for disability discrimination, retaliation, or failure to provide reasonable accommodation.
- Employee Counseling Services: Murphy Law Group also has experience providing legal guidance and counseling to employees who are subject to non-compete, non-disclosure, and confidentiality clauses.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Claims: We have represented employees who had their unpaid medical leave requests denied or interfered with, and employees who have been retaliated against as the result of requesting medical leave under the FMLA.
- Hostile Work Environment: The phrase “hostile work environment” may appear subjective. Our Philly employment attorneys protect the rights of employees who are subjected to a hostile work environment.
- National Labor Relations Act: Contrary to popular conception, even non-union employees have the right to engage in protected, concerted activity with coworkers to improve their work conditions. We have represented numerous employees who have been wrongfully terminated for complaining about unfair or unsafe work conditions, discussing salary or benefits information, or providing feedback critical of management.
- Overtime Class Action Lawsuits: It is a fundamental right that every employee be paid for all work performed for an employer. Murphy Law Group has substantial experience representing groups of employees who have been denied wages or overtime compensation.
- Pregnancy Discrimination Claims: An employer cannot discriminate against a woman because she is pregnant. Our legal team can help determine whether you’ve been subject to unlawful pregnancy discrimination.
- Sexual Harassment: Our attorneys have represented employees who have been subject to unwelcome sexual advances, verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature, an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.
- Unpaid Wage and Overtime Claims: We have successfully represented employees who have been denied compensation for work performed before and after scheduled shifts or during unpaid lunch breaks.
- Whistleblower Claims: Our attorneys have represented employees who have been retaliated against for raising concerns regarding potentially unlawful, unethical, or fraudulent practices at work, including under such laws as the Federal False Claims Act, Sarbanes Oxley Act, Pennsylvania Whistleblower Law, and New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act..
- Workplace Discrimination: Our firm has represented individuals who have been discriminated in the workplace due to age, disability, gender, gender stereotypes, national origin, military service, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation.
- Wrongful Termination & Retaliation: Losing your job can be devastating. Our Philadelphia employment lawyers represent employees who have had their employment wrongfully terminated. Our team can determine if you’ve lost your job for an unlawful reason and can protect your right to bring a claim against your former employer.
Contact Murphy Law Group for a Free Initial Consultation
Have you been recently terminated? Have you been denied wages or overtime compensation? Have you experienced discrimination, harassment, or retaliation in the workplace? Have you been the victim of sexual harassment or disability discrimination?
If so, we are here to help. We will provide a free initial consultation to all potential clients in order to answer your employment-related questions and discuss your legal claims. For more information, contact Murphy Law Group today by calling 267-273-1054.
Counties Served in Pennsylvania
Adams County, Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Bedford County, Berks County, Blair County, Bradford County, Bucks County, Butler County, Cambria County, Cameron County, Carbon County, Centre County, Chester County, Clarion County, Clearfield County, Clinton County, Columbia County, Crawford County, Cumberland County, Dauphin County, Delaware County, Elk County, Erie County, Fayette County, Forest County, Franklin County, Fulton County, Greene County, Huntingdon County, Indiana County, Jefferson County,
Juniata County, Lackawanna County, Lancaster County, Lawrence County, Lebanon County, Lehigh County, Luzerne County, Lycoming County, McKean County, Mercer County, Mifflin County, Monroe County, Montgomery County, Montour County, Northampton County, Northumberland County, Perry County, Philadelphia County, Pike County, Potter County,
Schuylkill County, Snyder County, Somerset County, Sullivan County, Susquehanna County,
Tioga County, Union County, Venango County, Warren County, Washington County, Wayne County, Westmoreland County, Wyoming County, and York County
Counties Served in New Jersey
Atlantic County, Bergen County, Burlington County, Camden County, Cape May County, Cumberland County, Essex County, Gloucester County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Salem County, Somerset County, Sussex County, Union County, and Warren County